Sustainable Transportation Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
Sustainable Transportation Coordinator
Job No: 525948
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Under general supervision of the Operations Manager of Parking & Transportation Services, the Sustainable Transportation Coordinator facilitates the development, implementation, and maintenance of sustainable transportation programs. This includes marketing programs to help increase the use of Sustainable Transportation on campus. Incumbent also participates in campus-wide sustainability efforts.
- With general direction from the Operations Manager, facilitate oversight of campus sustainable transportation initiatives/activities.
- Researches and analyzes current and potential future programs in an effort to maintain feasibility. Develops written plans for consideration by university executive management and stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain program offering
- Ability to organize and present program information and/or research in a format that is easily understood by campus Constituent
- Ability to develop written outreach materials and pro-actively market campus program
- Ability to understand sustainability laws, rules, and regulations preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data, financial reports, and recommend changes or potential impacts for Sustainable Transportation Systems and Services
- Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies or members of the community, effectively present information to top management, and provide public speaking and written outreach materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write at a level appropriate to the position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Pro, and databases preferred
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and two (2) years of related experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience of Program Administration preferred.
Licenses / Certificates
Valid California driver's license preferred. Employees who are required to operate motorized vehicles and/or use their personal vehicle more than once a month on University business are required to take a mandatory Defensive Driving course and enroll in the DMV Employee Pull Notice (EPN) Program.
Administrative Analyst/Specialist Non-Exempt
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
Hiring Range: $3,518 - $4,337 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,518 - $6,791 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time, regular position.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Apr 02, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/525948/sustainable-transportation-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8b8cea068306304b8e8146359a370a57