Health Lab Technician
$4,180 – $7,254 • monthly
California State University, Long Beach
Health Lab Technician
Job No: 526197
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Safety
Under the supervision of the CHHS Facilities Lead, the primary purpose of the Lab Technician is to support the management of the laboratory facility, equipment, operations and all related resources for the assigned laboratory or laboratories. The Lab Technician will support faculty use through lab membership, develop, and institutionalize systematic safety and facility/equipment use training for laboratory members, coordinate and schedule lab access for instructional and lab user/member use, and hold regular meetings for all lab users/members.
- Maintain laboratories, help ensure safety compliance, and utilize technical knowledge in support of education, research, and clinical services.
- Provide laboratory access and support scheduling administration to ensure optimal use.
- Hold meetings and provide training for all lab members on facility/equipment use and safety.
- Ability to learn the skills needed to maintain a wide variety of physiological science-related equipment. Quantitative physiology testing requires this equipment.
- Ability to successfully complete CSU Laboratory Safety training topics as defined by CSULB Environmental Health and Safety (EHS); Laboratory safety training with annual refresher training is prescribed by the Illness and Injury Prevention Plan for CSULB in accordance with CalOSHA requirements; Support of the DPT SSSC labs are part of the major responsibilities for this staff position.
- Ability to successfully complete blood borne pathogens training and oversee faculty or staff conducting phlebotomy. Phlebotomy (blood draw) skills are required to collect samples for many research and clinical services. Support of research and clinical services is part of the major responsibilities for this staff position.
- Ability to successfully complete BLS Certification training. Exercise testing and phlebotomy activities may trigger cardiac events. Employees must be trained to properly respond to these medical emergencies. Support of clinical services is part of the major responsibilities for this staff position.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, including patient flows; experience with electronic health records (EHRs).
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to three (3) years of experience providing instructional support services for a related unit or discipline, or in producing materials or supplies or repairing equipment related to the discipline required.
- Master of Science degree in Kinesiology, Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Physiology, or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in physiology or exercise related testing preferred.
- One (1) year of clinical experience in rehabilitation, physical therapy, or other medical discipline is preferred.
Licenses / Certificates
- California Radiologic Technology Certificate preferred: DEXA operator.
Instructional Support Technician II
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
Hiring Range: $4,180 - $6,486 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,180 - $7,254 per month
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY. It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: May 21, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/526197/health-lab-technician
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-2a20d8b519d12944a7f3cbc6d1c3d765