Posting Number 00599
The WebMaster is responsible for the development and maintenance of the institution’s website and management of the site’s content. Is also responsible for the selection and implementation of web tools and resolution of performance issues such as speed of access. Monitors Website use and trends. Additionally, the WebMaster will assist in disseminating information from the campus community through the University’s internal Broadcast email system.
- Manage and maintain the University web and intranet content. Make regular updates to information contained on the website or in databases linked to the site, ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Responsible for all technical and security concerns relative to design, content, link maintenance, and coordination with website and intranet.
- Establish and maintain website directory structures, configuration files, and content files, oversees the testing and troubleshooting of website systems and applications software and hardware relating to the website.
- Create and enforce web policies and procedures to ensure best practices are followed in University branding, web content and style, and accessibility.
- Work as part of the CDU Communications Team to maintain quality control and creative direction of all University Web pages.
- Regularly analyze reports on website effectiveness through analytics and benchmarking; makes recommendations and/or adjustments based on data.
- Serve as lead contact for CDU’s web properties and represents office for web-related projects.
- Manage and coordinate content in support of CDU’s engagement with strategically important audiences, including prospective and current students, alumni, potential donors, faculty and staff, and the press.
- Manage University’s internal Broadcast announcement system via Microsoft Outlook (training to be provided)
- Develop, recommend, and maintain procedures and applicable forms for the Strategic Advancement department in cooperation with the Information Systems department.
- Maintains and makes frequent updates to the University calendar
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and Drupal CMS; demonstrated experience developing modules and themes for the Drupal platform (v8/9); WordPress knowledge preferred
- Advanced knowledge of managing hosting platforms such as GoDaddy, cPanel, and Acquia.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in designing, maintaining, and improving websites with an emphasis on delivering exceptional user experiences in support of strategic marketing efforts.
- Expertise using Google Analytics with demonstrated ability in analyzing website metrics.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in website architecture and design.
- Google Search Console, SEO, and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Thorough understanding of web technology and the Internet.
- Hands-on experience of website-related hardware and software (firewalls, intranets, domain name services, servers, etc.).
- Familiarity with web services and internet protocols, such as TCP/IP, LDAP, FTP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4251
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer