The Web Administrator will lead and manage CDU’s development, maintenance, and ongoing redesign of user-friendly, on-brand, and accessibility-compliant websites. The Web Administrator will also guide the University’s SEO strategy, online creative development, testing, and training staff on processes. Additionally, the Web Administrator will assist in disseminating information from the campus community through the University’s internal Broadcast email system.
- Manage and maintain the University web and intranet content. Make regular updates to information contained on the website or in databases linked to the site, ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Responsible for all technical and security concerns relative to design, content, link maintenance, and coordination with website and intranet.
- Establish and maintain website directory structures, configuration files, and content files, oversees the testing and troubleshooting of website systems and applications software and hardware relating to the website.
- Create and enforce web policies and procedures to ensure best practices are followed in University branding, web content and style, and accessibility.
- Work alongside CDU Communications Team to maintain quality control and creative direction of all University Web pages.
- Regularly analyze reports on website effectiveness through analytics and benchmarking; makes recommendations and/or adjustments based on data.
- Serve as lead contact for CDU’s web properties and represents office for web-related projects.
- Manage and coordinate content in support of CDU’s engagement with strategically important audiences, including prospective and current students, alumni, potential donors, faculty and staff, and the press.
- Manage University’s internal Broadcast announcement system via Microsoft Outlook (training to be provided)
- Develop, recommend, and maintain procedures and applicable forms for the Strategic Advancement department in cooperation with the Information Systems department.
- Maintains and makes frequent updates to University calendar
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and Drupal CMS; demonstrated experience developing modules and themes for the Drupal platform (v8/9); WordPress knowledge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of managing hosting platforms such as GoDaddy, cPanel, and Acquia.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in designing, maintaining, and improving websites with an emphasis on delivering exceptional user experiences in support of strategic marketing efforts.
- Expertise using Google Analytics with demonstrated ability in analyzing website metrics.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in website architecture and design.
- Google Search Console, SEO, and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Web design software such as Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Good eye for design
- Experience with web hosting and networking concepts such as SSL and DNS configuration.
- Familiarity with security protocols and accessibility compliance with commitment to W3C standards and Section 508.
- Knowledge of World Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) for web accessibility and experience in creating content in compliance with WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and willingness to enforce brand compliance.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; including proofreading.
- Possess the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and standards of integrated website structuring and design.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4143
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer