Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking Webmaster. The Webmaster will manage all aspects of the university websites; including but not limited to maintaining content, managing the hosted environment and technical administration of the website, and ensuring the website is always functioning properly and available to the University community.
- Coordinate, integrate, and manage information contributed to the webpages; establishes template formats and local structures for webpages, as appropriate; may guide and assist contributors with editorial and publishing-related issues, as appropriate.
- Assist content managers with the development of webpages.
- Monitor and provide ongoing analysis of the University’s webpages to identify broken links and content errors as well as outdated content.
- Provide technical support for the website and works as a liaison to the hosting company.
- Provide analytical support for the creation of information sharing policies and procedures.
- Maintain the consistency, uniformity, and professionalism across the IW website.
- Develop site content, graphics, and visuals by coordinating with campus colleagues who write, do graphic design, take photos and videos, post social media, etc.
- Develop and implement effective SEO strategies with content development and responsible for optimizing university digital marketing channels to maximize their true SEO potential
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and changes with SEO
- Perform WordPress updates, plugin updates, and theme updates
- Manage website hosting and monitor for downtime/issues
- Plan, create and execute successful digital marketing campaigns to increase awareness, engagement, and conversion.
- Constantly improve personal knowledge of content marketing best practices, staying up to date with current technologies, emerging trends, design tools, and applications.
- Proven experience with SEO/SEM analysis and optimization
- Proficient in web analytics and keyword tools (SE Ranking or equivalent SEO Tools, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Solid understanding of WordPress, HTML/CSS, and a working knowledge of MySQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience with Workamajig (or equivalent task-management software) and Google Suite
- Experience with reporting tools and providing weekly SEO and traffic reports
- Experience with web hosting solutions such as SiteGround
- Experience with lead capture, forms, and email marketing implementation
- Intermediate graphic design and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media and mobile web technologies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the university.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and effectively multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains a strong, positive commitment to customer service.
- An understanding of web and digital marketing standards and protocols.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Marketing project management skills
- High level of original thinking and creativity.
- Self-starter and able to prioritize and organize work assignments and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in WordPress programming and web design with at least three years of experience.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.