Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Computer Technical Specialist
Position Number: PS04036
The Computer Technical Specialist provides support for the Institution’s workstation, mobile devices, and application delivery in a Mac, and Windows environment. This is a support role which requires technical expertise, high responsiveness and a passionate commitment to customer service.
- Support the end user computing systems, including desktops, laptops, and tablets by installing, and maintaining hardware, operating systems, and applications to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Create application install packages for delivery through a software distribution infrastructure.
- Develop scripts to automate repetitive tasks regarding workstations, and software application upgrades
- Support the team members by acting as a support escalation subject matter expert who provides guidance for addressing and researching complex issues and tasks
- Maintain desktop imaging, application deployment, and hard drive encryption
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the job.
- Support of standard Microsoft applications such as Office 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 usage.
- Perform virus removals in enterprise environments.
- Troubleshoot all issues related to the Institution’s Network printer’s environment.
- Create and update technical documentation required to support systems, infrastructures, applications and processes
- Track all service requests in the University’s helpdesk ticketing system.
- Interfaces with students, employees, supervisors, and directors, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
- Create and maintain user network accounts and e-mail for the assigned area.
- Provide excellent support to our Students related to password resets, Wireless Access, Office 365, and Multi-Factor authentication.
- Provides end user training, orientation and instruction on new systems, existing processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regionally accredited two (2) year associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent a plus.
- 3+ years working in a helpdesk environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with technical support for Mac and Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets.
- Understanding of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Understanding of Group Policy and Active Directory
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Expert Windows 10 and Mac iOs
- Working knowledge of a software systems management and desktop imaging software (such as SCCM, Kace or Altris)
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent
- Network + or equivalent
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ASCP) (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4024
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.