Educational and Experience RequirementMasters degree required; preferred Doctorate and/or additional advanced or terminal degree
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible IT leadership in a collaborative IT role; experience as CIO is preferred
- Senior leadership experience, preferably in higher education, encompassing strategic planning, project planning, visioning, and process transformation
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing complex project, including technology innovation, maintenance, and change initiatives with multiple stakeholders to align the team and individuals with the campus vision to include consistent messaging internally and externally for strategy and day-to-day interactions
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a broad range of information technologies as well as a solid understanding of trends in higher education broadly, and technology and student-centered applications to support the academic and administrative missions within the University
- Demonstrated success in partnering with diverse stakeholder groups to set IT priorities, plan services, and developing policies, practices, and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to convey technically complex information and concepts in accessible terms
- Demonstrated leadership with financial management
- Leads with integrity and follow-through to support the IT staff while moving the institution forward with innovation for new possibilities
- Ability to share professional examples in three or more of the following characteristics of a great leader: collaborative, not selective; strategically innovative; inspirational to keep staff functioning at their best; skilled communicator; receptive to listening to staff’s ideas/concerns; trustworthy to follow-through with focused change to align with the institution’s strategy; in words and actions to campus support the IT staff.
Nature & Purpose of Position
The Vice President and CIO is a member of the President’s Expanded Cabinet and reports directly to the Senior VP for Strategic Enrollment and Innovation, serving as a leader and collaborator in the University’s strategic planning and decision-making activities.
The Vice President will provide strategic vision and leadership for the campus in a rapidly changing information technology environment. The Division of Information Technology encompasses programs that support approximately 22,000 students and 2,749 faculty and staff. The VP for Information Technology leads the central information technology infrastructure and services, including administrative systems and information management, networking, telecommunications, data centers, cybersecurity, IT customer service and IT administration. The division provides technologies, resources, and services to support learning, research, and the business operations of the University. Our vision is to address campus needs with relevant, accessible, sustainable, innovative, and cost-effective technology solutions with service and resources to support and promote a culture of creativity and academic accomplishment.
Other Specificationshe VP works with the Expanded Cabinet and appropriate University governance committees to determine University-wide information technology to align with strategies, policies, priorities and resource allocations. The VP will sustain current strategies while planning new directions to meet challenges and opportunities. Key priorities will be:
- Extending the access, effectiveness, efficiency, and innovative priorities of technology across campus;
- Ensuring the privacy and security of all digital information and systems;
- Overseeing the effective management and planning of IT assets on the campus;
- Directly supporting student success through effective implementation and use of technology supporting the teaching, learning, and research environments, while partnering with SHSU leaders to complete a roadmap of technology and processes for a more seamless experience for students;
- Supporting a strong IT leadership team and continue to evolve the structures, capabilities, and services to align with campus strategies;
- Collaborating with Academic, Student Affairs, and Finance and Operations to expand learning spaces and provide tools to support them;
- Enhancing research technology infrastructure and services to enable diverse research and scholarship for a global impact;
- Championing diversity and inclusive excellence by creating technology services and processes that are inclusive, equitable, and accessible;
- Supporting the continuous improvement, integration and modernization of SHSU’s administrative applications;
- Leading the efforts to ensure current technology is used to its fullest and new technology and platforms improve the experience and efficiencies of campus;
- Assisting efforts across the institution to improve data governance and organizational capacity to use data in decision-making
- Maintaining a focus on diversity, inclusion and a culture where staff feel valued and add value.
FLSA Status Exempt
Division Strategic Enrollment and Innovation
This position may be designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA).
2. Cover Letter
To apply, please visit https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/29551.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.