Senior Instructional Technologist / Designer
$6,686 – $7,542 • monthly
California State University, Northridge
Senior Instructional Technologist / Designer
Job no: 525786
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
About the College
CSUN's Tseng College provides advanced professional education to undergraduate, graduate, international and midcareer students. With more than $34 million in revenue and nearly 28,062 registrations in 2021-2022, the College is a leading provider of professional degrees, certificates and custom-designed programs. Known for its premier support services, the College employs an administrative staff of more than 65 people, leading to high graduation rates – 77-94 percent for most programs in 2021-2022, with some, like the Master of Social Work (MSW), achieving 95 percent in 2021-2022.
The College is nationally recognized for providing programs with formats, delivery modes and locations that address the needs and constraints facing working professionals and their organizations. It works closely with businesses, communities, agencies and international partners to design and deliver programs that meet unique organizational needs and goals. To learn more about Tseng College go to https://go.csun.edu/aboutCSUN.
Under general supervision, the Senior Instructional Technologist / Designer ensures the development and educational effectiveness of CSUN's self-support programs that are offered fully online/digital or in the hybrid format. The incumbent ensures that instructional design strategies that are employed are relevant to advanced professionals and faculty, to fully engage the student, and that technical support services are at the top level of excellence and distinction.
- Ensures educational effectiveness, innovative program design, effective instructional strategies, successful application of innovative technologies and instructional design principles, and extraordinary student and faculty support services to develop courses and programs that are focused on student success.
- Works directly with CSUN faculty and other content experts to ensure that the design of each course/program, the instructional strategies, and the educational technology used all are focused on student success in the field in question.
- Assists and guides faculty to implement integration strategies determined / agreed upon during convening and integration meetings, when working with faculty one-on-one.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3LrZoA5
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science or a job-related field.
- Master's degree in Instructional design, curriculum design, learning sciences, educational psychology, or earned master's degree in a related field with specific coursework or credentialing in the field of instructional design/technology is preferred.
- Equivalent to five years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience, including one year of project management, team leadership, systems implementation and development.
- Experience working in the context of higher education with college/university faculty and with learning management systems and other online delivery tools is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems. Functional knowledge of the context and current practice in digital/remote/online learning, nationally and internationally, is key; the willingness to learn new distance learning/online learning strategies and practices, as well as continue to develop professionally as the field evolves is essential.
- Knowledge of ADA compliance for online learning environments is required; experience with applying ADA compliance rules in the online learning environment is preferred. Knowledge of copyright compliance for online learning environments is required; experience with applying copyright compliance rules in the online learning environment is preferred.
- Ability and specialized skills to: apply and assess user needs; identify, analyze and address user problems; provide ongoing project leadership to technical development staff; analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate system solutions to departmental management and staff; and communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make presentations; conduct meetings; provide user training; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 0420 / Info Tech Consultant / 3
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6686 - $7542 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6686 - $12,947 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- Applications received through May 17, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised:. May 04, 2023 (8:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close:. Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/525786/senior-instructional-technologist-designer
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency