We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Database Analyst II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The database analyst designs, implements, and maintains complex, multi-platform databases consistent with business requirements and processes for a large multi-division department.
• Works with project collaborators to perform analysis of complex data sets and reports on research, administrative, and QI databases.
• Promotes integration of systems through multi-platform database design and programming for departmental and institutional collaboration.
• Meets with database development team and end-users to determine data requirements and troubleshoot problems.
• Prepares access methods and validation checks, analyzes system performance following established standards and procedures.
• Manages database projects to ensure proper documentation and timely completion.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard computer databases.
• Establishes and implements database analysis and development standards including backup and recovery strategies and procedures.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
General knowledge of current operating systems and applications is key to this position, as is familiarity with relevant database systems. Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also essential. Knowledge of computers, electronics, digital media, databases, applications, software development, risk management, and information security. Effective customer support, systems analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and listening skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Experience: Experience with REDCap and Microsoft Access platforms preferred.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.