This job is archived
(Archived) Data Specialist IV
The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Data Specialist IV working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Data Specialist IV will work collaboratively with primary investigators, surgical oncologists, clinical research coordinators and other clinical specialists to advance clinical research. Manage existing clinical and research databases to ensure efficient and accurate collection of data for analysis. Attend clinical research meetings, participate in projects, and help to develop new and innovative methods for capturing and collecting clinical research data. This position offers autonomy, a diverse workload & opportunities for educational and professional development, including on the job training and mentoring.
• Maintain and modify GI cancer and Endocrine databases.
• Search Epic and other medical records for updated results on GI cancer and Endocrine patients and enter those results in the databases.
• Code and enter data accurately and within established guidelines.
• Perform queries and generate reports.
• Thoroughly investigate, define, explain, and resolve any variation within the databases, and reports.
• Verify the accuracy of your own work, and the work of others. Make corrections when needed.
• Collaborate using an appropriate customer service approach with internal and external resources to keep the GI cancer and Endocrine databases running smoothly.
• Participate in meetings with principal investigator all other members of the research team to evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, and evaluate procedures.
• Assist with special projects.
• Use advanced Excel techniques to manipulate extracted data and to prepare data for importing to existing databases.
Create new forms and fields, modify existing forms and fields, manipulate data, and upload new data while being fully aware of the impact on data already entered in the databases.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of quality control, customer service standards, information management, procedural process, and recordkeeping.
Computer, technical, interpersonal, oral communication, listening, and patience skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Associate’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careersWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. #LI-AV1
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.