Cloud Solutions Architect Lead
California State University, Northridge
Cloud Solutions Architect Lead
Job no: 525037
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of Director, Cloud and System Services, the Cloud Solutions Architect Lead leads the design, engineering, programming, deployment and administration of architectural aspects of disparate cloud environments (e.g. AWS, MS Azure etc.) aligned with the on-premises enterprises systems environment. The incumbent oversees the enterprise's cloud computing strategy which includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design and cloud infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Responsible to take lead on projects and day-to day operations of Unix/Linux server systems on premise and in the cloud.
- Responsible for managing the Cloud and Unix team – including managing team's project workload and prioritization.
- Responds to clients' operational needs and ensure smooth functioning of enterprise services managed by IT both on-prem and in the cloud.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3EKqoby
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
- Specifically applicable technical training and/or professional work experience may be substituted for the entirety of the degree.
- Five (5) years of full-time, in-depth experience in Linux server administration.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience managing technical team(s).
- Progressive experience interacting with a cloud computing platform such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, or equivalent, especially utilizing Infrastructure as Code, is preferred.
- Experience in automating tasks using a script or interpreted language such as bash, Perl, Python, or Java.
- Experience using any one of AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, OpenStack Heat, Azure Resource Templates, or Google Deployment to automate deployment of cloud resources.
- Experience with configuration management using automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience utilizing GIT and Github for code versioning and code review processes.
- Experience deploying web application frameworks, such as Node.js, Django, or Rails.
- Experience with cloud architecture and proven knowledge of networking, compute, storage and serverless components in Amazon Web Services or MS Azure. As well as an understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementation and technology.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thoroughly proficient in operating within a Unix or Linux environment with networking. Knowledge of any of the following a plus: SAML, LDAP, Apache, nginx, Ansible, json, yaml (preferred). Proven ability to perform advanced systems administration and integration in a distributed, networked, multi-vendor computing environment with extensive knowledge of internal operating system, computer hardware, and network technologies.
- Ability to accept general direction, triage ambiguous circumstances, and take action to resolve problems in which both the underlying issue and resolution are not readily apparent. Ability to juggle multiple tasks with varying priority levels and changing requirements; work cooperatively with team members.
- Skilled in writing concise, logical and easy-to-understand system documentation; record moderate to heavy levels of technical detail in an organized and reader-friendly fashion. Exposure to monitoring and analytic tools such as Splunk, Nagios and/or Oracle Enterprise Manager is preferred. Solid understanding of complex system architectures and infrastructures, including experience with workflow, distribution, and analytics
- Ability and specialized skills to: deliver high-quality customer support to both technical and non-technical customers; perform advanced systems administration and integration in a distributed, networked, multi-vendor environment.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 0410 / Operating System Analyst / 3
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6686 - $10,000 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6686 - $12,947 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- Applications received through March 23, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: Mar 10, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/525037/cloud-solutions-architect-lead
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency