This job is archived
Associate Vice President & Chief Information Officer – California State University-Los Angeles
The Associate Vice President and CIO (AVP/CIO), reporting to the Vice President of Administration/CFO and with oversight by the Provost and Executive Vice President, provides strategic planning and leadership for the Cal State LA campus in a rapidly changing information technology environment. Working collaboratively with other campus leaders, the AVP/CIO leads the creation and implementation of campus IT plans and policies to develop new IT systems and solutions which support and empower student success through the effective implementation and use of current and new technologies.
The AVP/CIO will employ innovative strategies to position IT to meet the information and analysis needs of the campus community, placing a strong focus on customer service, accountability, accessibility, and measured performance, while utilizing resources effectively and efficiently. The AVP/CIO will develop and effectively articulate funding needs and strategies to support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of technology initiatives.
The AVP/CIO, with a staff of approximately 85 people, leads the Information Technology Services division that provides systems and services to support more than 26,000 students and 2,900 faculty and staff that support the university’s learning, research, and business operations functions.
The AVP/CIO contributes to the California State University system-wide technology initiatives and ensures the campus adheres to the system-wide information technology and security policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be an innovative and visionary leader, focused on the future and best practices in information and technology management.
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible IT leadership in a collaborative IT role in a large, complex organization.
- Experience leading IT strategic planning, engaging with, communicating with, gathering feedback from, and partnering with diverse stakeholder groups to set IT priorities and plan services in support of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates strategic vision, knowledge of IT innovation trends, and knowledge of successful applications of information technology and ensures efforts align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a broad range of information technologies and services as well as a solid understanding of trends in higher education and student-centered applications.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The system-wide policy can be found at: [Register to View] 50321814%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=oI0vfdPC%2Fq1r4jr3rtbqmoh9Re%2FO07huc2hkoWqc6fU%3D&reserved=0">https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to: OfficeHRM@calstatela.edu.
California State University, Los Angeles, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up) on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022, the [Register to View] 14915707%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=TS8rcDJ2oE2KVzgIDH7a6b0JF53XsJ1vVzZY2EY%2FF2Y%3D&reserved=0">CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Priority consideration given to those who apply by Thursday, June 9th. Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, and a letter of application.
Please direct all applications, inquiries, and nominations to the WittKieffer search team using the WittKieffer Candidate Portal or via email, at: CalStateLACIO@wittkieffer.com. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.