California State University, Long Beach
Job No: 525844
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
The Analyst Programmer incumbent will be a hands-on, technical member of the Student Systems team responsible for implementing and maintaining software systems and interfaces to various student information systems including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. This is an internal customer-facing role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, highly technical skills, and customer service, along with excellent verbal communication skills. In keeping with the Enrollment Services values and competencies, the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Programmer develops and maintains positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to Enrollment Services.
- Provide daily technical support for users of the Student Administration systems including (but not limited to): CMS PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, DocOrigin, and CSLink based reports.
- Perform analysis, detailed program specification, programming, testing, and documentation to expand the functional scope of the Student Administration systems, in order to meet the business needs of the university.
- Collaborate with Systems and functional teams with Student Administration systems related enhancements and workflows.
- Perform administrative aspects of development, testing, and documentation in accordance with campus and CMS Central policies.
- High level proficiency in any ERP systems required.
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft tools, techniques, and related programming languages including (but not limited to): SQL, SQR, App Engine, Application Designer, PeopleCode, PeopleTools, and debugging in a multi-tier distributed architecture is preferred.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft modules, especially Campus Solutions and Student Administration is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and support peripheral Student Administration applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and functional peers and to share knowledge.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Strong listening skills.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, or similar degree and two years of related experience required.
Analyst/Programmer - Career
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month.
Hiring Range: Up to 8,083/month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY. It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Mar 29, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/525844/analyst-programmer
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e78518acfd098c4b8840a1c6eeb6a01d