- The district pays 100% of the cost of medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees and dependents
- $100,000 life insurance policy
- Up to $250 of benefit credits per month to help pay for a variety of voluntary benefit options, such as supplemental life insurance, disability coverage, and health care/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
- Vacation, sick leave, and up to 18 paid holidays
- State pension system retirement benefits (CalPERS)
- Free and confidential employee assistance program
- Wellness Program
- Participation in the District’s Early Retirement Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Tuition fee reimbursement
- Childcare Facility (Oceanside Campus)
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for these positions, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number. The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is 11:59 pm on Friday, August 26, 2022.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. Transcripts of college coursework that provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to three to four weeks following the closing/first screening date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 3) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 4) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 5) fingerprint clearance; and 6) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of advanced professional duties in the management, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and securing of the district’s websites and related applications; ensure the effectiveness of overall website performance; work with users to address business, administrative, academic, student and community needs, and issues through the use of web-based technology solutions; serve as lead developer, architect, and administrator for Microsoft/SharePoint or related web portals; and perform related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Analyze business objectives and customer requirements for new or modified internet/intranet sites and translate into functional solutions for the district; design and lead in the development of web-based projects; define database requirements, functionality and utilization; develop project specifications including database and programming specifications; design and develop application database structures, tables, entity relationships and security privileges; design screens, menus, navigation tools and report formats; write web-based front-end applications, HTML code and scripts for website applications; test web applications to ensure displays meet ease-of-use and accessibility standards and execute properly for multiple browsers; ensure designs make efficient use of network and database resources by using server-side programming languages as well as third-party design patterns to streamline communication between websites and backend relational database storage; adapt purchased software as needed to ensure compatibility and proper interaction with existing systems and applications.
2. Develop and maintain web server architecture in coordination with infrastructure systems staff to ensure functionality, integrity, and security of sites and applications; develop, review and integrate new web pages, graphics, and other elements; create online help functions, including application documentation; administer district content management system and services in coordination with the Public Information office to include the maintenance of HTML templates, image archives, permissions and user roles, workflow and guidelines for web publication.
3. Coordinate with Access Specialist to ensure all district web services are ADA compatible; thoroughly inspect all user-submitted drafts to ensure they meet the district’s Branding and Web Style Guide as approved by the Board of Trustees.
4. Provide user support via help desk tickets, phone calls, email, and online meeting software; troubleshoot website, applications, and network problems.
5. Lead or assist in the analysis and evaluation of new web technology, products, hardware and tools to optimize the development and functionality of websites and applications; test and develop prototype solutions; monitor and prepare reports on website traffic; recommend technical strategic planning.
6. Conduct systems analyses and design studies; prepare concept and design specifications and management reports; develop and recommend cost-effective technical system improvements; coordinate work with other professional staff responsible for applications development and administration, network administration and database administration to ensure that district website architecture, functionality and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
7. May serve as project leader for web development and maintenance assignments; define project scope and boundaries; perform critical path analyses and set project priorities; develop project task lists and time estimates; perform cost-benefit analyses; assign and manage the completion of project tasks to meet time, quality and cost expectations; use project management tools to monitor and report on progress; meet with customers to review project status and resolve development/implementation issues.
8. Participate in selecting vendors and consultant/contractor staff; assist in negotiating, managing, and administering development/vendor contracts.
9. Provide on-call web applications support.
1. Serve as a resource for campus departments and provide education to faculty and staff on issues concerning content and presentation of information on district websites including timeliness and accuracy of web content; assist with adherence to applicable legal requirements as well as district web publishing standards and policies regarding technology usage, and data security.
2. Develop training materials and online videos; conduct training workshops and provide one-on-one instruction as needed; create and maintain web knowledge base and FAQs.
3. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Principles, methods, and techniques of systems analysis and design.
2. The systems development life cycle.
3. Systems design principles and applications development methodologies and tools.
4. Operating system architectures, characteristics, components, uses and limitations particularly as they apply to the district’s web technologies environment.
5. Current and emerging internet/intranet technologies and associated products, tools, and equipment.
6. Principles and methods of and techniques in designing robust, scalable web architectures and applications.
7. Advanced web programming and graphics markup languages.
8. Network architecture and principles and practices of network design.
9. Network communication protocols; principles and practices of network security and security protocols.
10. Website usability concepts, such as navigational aids, knowledge management and information rendering.
11. Principles and practices of applications database design and development; basic principles and practices of systems administration applicable to assigned responsibilities.
12. Federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the use of internet technologies.
13. Methods and techniques for preparing systems and customer documentation.
14. Project management tools and techniques, including preparing and managing detailed project schedules and metrics and change management and control.
15. Methods and techniques for troubleshooting website, applications, and network problems.
16. Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
17. Written and oral communication skills including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
1. Perform business process analyses and reach sound, logical conclusions regarding customer needs and business requirements.
2. Understand and apply the analysis of functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for efficient, cost-effective web technology solutions.
3. Conceptualize practical web-based solutions to district, departmental and customer requirements.
4. Plan and complete projects efficiently and in accordance with district quality standards.
5. Coordinate work effectively with other departments responsible for website content and presentation.
6. Troubleshoot and resolve website, applications and network problems.
7. Develop and conduct effective customer training.
8. Prepare clear, concise and accurate systems documentation and reports of work performed.
9. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
10. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
11. Operate a computer and standard business software.
12. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
Education & Experience:
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
Graduation from an associate degree program in management information systems, computer science or a related field, and at least three years of progressively responsible experience in systems analysis and applications design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NOTE: For work experience, one “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
Those who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications are still encouraged to apply, as they may satisfy this requirement through a combination of training, education, and/or experience.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
A valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district’s vehicle insurance program.
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional lifting carrying, pulling and/or pushing of objects weighing up to 35 pounds; ability to travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent interruptions by individuals in person or by telephone; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; may work at any district location or authorized facility with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be required.
Posting Number: S22/23007P
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View]
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is Friday, August 26, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d[Register to View] 87b4190c64ecfdafeba27