POSITION: PHYSICAL THERAPIST – DEMONSTRATION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: A. HARRY MOORE SCHOOL, NEW JERSEY CITY UNIVERSITY
JOB SUMMARY: The A. Harry Moore School is the special education laboratory school of New Jersey City University. We provide services for students, ages 3-21, with multiple disabilities. The school offers the advantages of working in a public school with the additional benefit of being connected to a large, urban state university. We offer tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, benefits, school hours and holidays, and a dynamic team of special educators and therapists.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the A. Harry Moore administration, provide physical therapy services to students with multiple disabilities ages 3-21 including:
- Evaluation of developmental and functional abilities
- Design and implementation of interventions to enhance educational performance and to facilitate independence
- Participation on a trans-disciplinary team to plan and implement Individual Educational Programs
- Participation in faculty and professional meetings, committees, educational conferences
- Serve as a resource and/or mentor to other professionals, college students and parents
- Adhere to the policy and procedures of A. Harry Moore School and the NJ Department of Education
REQUIREMENTS: NJ School PT Certification as well as a New Jersey State License.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Open Until Filled