Under the direction of the Campus Safety and Security Leads, the Campus Safety Officer will patrol campus on foot, bicycle, and in a vehicle, oversee a fixed post, and perform other activities to ensure compliance with campus security policy and procedures.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to watch for and guard against fire, theft, illegal entry, infractions of safety regulations, and other safety and security irregularities.
- Monitors and safeguards parking lots and other facilities and property.
- Effectively carries out assignments delegated by the Campus Safety and Security Leads.
- Respond to and handle non-emergency requests such as door openings and closings, money escorts, personal safety escorts and security checks, HR back up and support.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations such as accidents and injuries, crimes in progress and safety hazards. Provide assistance, summon proper authorities, and police area to maintain order, safety and to protect property.
- Work in the Campus Safety and Security Office performing such duties as welcoming and directing visitors after appropriate identification processes and badge documentation; provide dispatch or communication support for the security team; receive and manage telephone calls, faxes and emails related to security and general campus matters.
- Must be willing and able to meet demanding attendance and punctuality requirements.
- May work weekends or cover other shifts as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalents required.
- Valid Security Guard card.
- Valid Firearm permit or show proof that an Application for Firearm Permit has been submitted to BSIS.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Valid Baton/Pepper Spray Permit.
- Two or more years in Safety and Security profession preferably in a University or Hospital setting.
- Ability to keep confidences/confidentiality.
- Maintenance of professional demeanor and appearance.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to write and edit incidence reports.
- Ability to work effectively with the security team, diverse employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Ability to reduce conflict or high-stress situations through crisis management processes.
- Willingness and ability to work as needed on weekends or to cover other shifts.
- This position is classified as “Safety Sensitive”. Must pass the alcohol and controlled substance testing required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Must own your own firearm (9mm or 40 Cal).
For more information and to apply https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4137
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer