- Prepare lab equipment for class use - ensure equipment is operational and classrooms or other training spaces are in satisfactory, repaired, and stocked with the necessary materials and tools.
- Perform functionality tests on tools and equipment as necessary.
- Organize, store, file, and maintain software, equipment, and tool documentation.
- Manage inventory of tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and software in Center's workforce labs.
- Perform routine inventory, maintenance, and repairs of Center tools, equipment, supplies, software, and networks.
- Perform necessary cleaning of items or locations using standard custodial equipment and/or powered equipment.
- Assist in marketing events by setting up and configuring equipment, demonstrating equipment, and talking to potential students.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe work environment, and respond according to established protocols to emergency situations. Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to Center standards for customer service.
- Undertake administrative tasks as requested.
- Travel within the Lee College service area as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Two (2) years of experience as technician or technician helper, including documented self-employment experience
- Self-starter and the ability to complete assignments within the required timeframe
- Strong technical skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with diverse populations, groups, and teams
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to climb ladders of less than twenty (20) feet
- Must be able to lift and move boxes/items up to forty (40) pounds
- Must be able to travel within the Lee College service area
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Instrumentation/Electrical certification
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including E-mail, Internet, Word, and Excel
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.) In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application. Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6976
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency