Facilities Project Services Maintenance Mechanic
$5,787 – $7,396 • monthly
California State University, Long Beach
Facilities Project Services Maintenance Mechanic
Job No: 527746
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 6 - Teamsters Local 2010, Temporary, Full Time, Trades
The Facilities Project Services Maintenance Mechanic will perform a wide variety of skilled work with no technical supervision required. This will include performing project related alterations and repairs as well as new installations of mechanical and building systems. As a Project Service Maintenance Mechanic, you will be required to perform work in various trades/disciplines at a Journeyman level to support the project services staff.
- Performs a wide variety of skilled maintenance and construction related tasks for new construction, alterations and renovations of building systems including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, building construction, renovation work, and miscellaneous interior and exterior painting. Ensure tools, equipment and materials on hand are appropriate and available to perform the job efficiently and economically.
- Perform take offs for material and labor and assist with estimates. Provide project update reports. Assist in maintaining shop premises and equipment.
- Ability to perform skilled work at a journey man level with a thorough knowledge of materials, methods, and tools used in new construction, repairs, and renovations.
- Able to use and manipulate machinery and hand tools associated with maintenance and construction to meet the customer's expectations in an excellent manner.
- Working knowledge of safety orders of the Industrial Accident Commission dealing with carpentry, heating, electrical, plumbing, and other mechanical systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the job; good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to estimate time and materials needed.
- Ability to maintain records and retrieve data related to work performed using manual and or computerized record keeping software.
- Ability to follow procedural oral and written directions.
- Ability to provide instruction to unskilled and semi-skilled assistants.
- Ability to analyze and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Ability to lead instruct and coordinate the work of small group or crew of skilled and semi-skilled workers.
- Able to climb ladders and work in high/confined spaces.
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. 75 feet and or up to two flights of stairs
- Ability to recognizing the need and utilize the use of proper safety guidelines including review of MSDS, following of all instruction noted in the installation manuals and wearing the required PPE for specific tasks.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience leading to journey-level skills in a mechanical or facilities/building trade required.
Heavy work - Job involves lifting more than 40 pounds. Approximately half of the incumbent's time will be spent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, or climbing.
Licenses / Certificates
A valid driver's license is required for this position. Once hired the employee must successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for California State University campuses.
Facilities Management - BBS
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $5,787 - $7,396 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
1.0 time-base, 40 hours per week.
Duration of Appointment
This is a temporary position for three (3) years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY. It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact StaffHR-Accommodations@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: May 21, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/527746/facilities-project-services-maintenance-mechanic
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d272feddad942d45bc470b5f547b1a0a