Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Research Scientist working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Scientist will supervise and independently perform studies to advance the goals of the principal investigator’s research projects. Perform experiments, analyze data and compile results and monitor quality control processes to ensure integrity of research.
This position under the mentorship of Dr. Joy Lincoln within the Herma Heart Institute will focus on utilizing animal models, in parallel with innovative molecular and cellular biology techniques to delineate the mechanisms underlying cardiovascular pathology, with an interest in heart valve disease. The applicant will be integrated into a strong mentoring environment, and experience unique opportunities to be part of a dynamic team of cardiovascular physicians and surgeons, and active clinical and translational researchers.
- Design and execute complex research procedures.
- Develop and perform routine and complex protocols for research programs.
- Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring quality activities.
- Collaborate with principle investigators in determining study design and performing statistical analyses.
- Perform and develop routine and complex computational and database methods for implementation. May serve as primary statistician for area.
- Develop new methodologies for lab procedures.
- Maintain supplies, may negotiate with vendors, track purchase orders.
- Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, evaluate lab procedures.
- May over see the work of laboratory personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction/delegation/prioritizing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Minimum Required Education: PhD in a scientific field
Minimum Required Experience: No experience required
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.