Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of a Research Scientist working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Scientist will supervise and independently perform studies to advance the goals of the principal investigator’s research projects. Perform experiments, analyze data and compile results and monitor quality control processes to ensure integrity of research.
- Design and execute complex research procedures.
- Develop and perform routine and complex protocols for research programs.
- Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring quality activities.
- Collaborate with principle investigators in determining study design and performing statistical analyses.
- Perform and develop routine and complex computational and database methods for implementation.
- Develop new methodologies for lab procedures.
- Maintain supplies, may negotiate with vendors, track purchase orders.
- Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, evaluate lab procedures.
- May oversee the work of laboratory personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction/delegation/prioritizing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, virology, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
- Minimum Required Education: PhD in a scientific field
- Minimum Required Experience: No experience required.
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in virology.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.