Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Research Technologist III working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Technologist III under general direction develops, improves and implements a variety of laboratory techniques and performs complex experiments to contribute to the timely completion of data.
- Develop and perform lab research procedures and carry out routine complex experiments.
- Develop and apply standard quality control procedures to assure quality of test results.
- Demonstrate quality control procedures, provide individual instruction, and may indirectly supervise other lab personnel as required.
- Participate in meetings with Principal Investigator and research staff to evaluate, interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, and evaluate lab procedures.
- Create and maintain timely accurate records.
- Operate, calibrate, perform and supervise routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research laboratories.
- Oversee daily lab operation in the absence of the supervisor or Principal Investigator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
- Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Experience: DNA/RNA extraction, real-time RT-PCR
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.