The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Research Technologist II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Research Technologist carries out experimental design for sponsored research projects, including compilation and analysis of data generated.
- Carry out routine and complex experiments.
- Monitor inventory and order lab supplies; carry out assigned duties for ordering, maintaining supply of inventory.
- Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data as needed.
- Help evaluate, interpret, and assess experimental data and quality control of assays.
- Assist in the troubleshooting efforts for both the research and clinical labs.
- Responsible for the day-to-day completion of experimental tasks.
- Oversee daily research operations in the absence of the supervisor or Principle Investigator.
- Train new personnel in laboratory and aseptic techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot contamination of plates and erroneous results quickly.
- Assist in development and implementation of research protocols.
- Record and compile accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records and time management. Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.