The National Science Foundation is seeking qualified candidates for a Social Scientist (Program Director) position for the Ethical and Responsible Research (ER2) program in the Office of the Assistant Director within the Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences.
Position requirements and application instructions are available at USAJOBS.gov. Applicants must apply through by July 13, 2022.
Apply to the permanent federal position:
Apply to the temporary rotator position:
The ER2 program is an NSF-wide program that supports fundamental research on what constitutes and promotes responsible research conduct in all STEM fields. The program also supports work to instill knowledge about ethical and responsible research conduct in researchers, practitioners, and educators across all career stages.
The responsibilities of the NSF Program Director include:
- Long-range planning and budget development for the Ethical & Reliable Research (ER2) Program.
- The administration of the merit review process and proposal recommendations.
- The preparation of press releases, feature articles and material describing advances in the research supported.
- Coordination and liaison with other programs in NSF and other federal agencies and organizations.
This position will support Ethical & Responsible Research (ER2) and activities within the National Science Foundation's Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate (SBE). The Ethical & Responsible Research program director reports to the Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) and is responsive to the Assistant Director and DAD for the effective management of ER2 activities.
- Salary range: $153,434 - $196,719 per year
- This position can be filled Permanent or Temporary – 1- or 2-year VSEE, IPA or Fed Temp appointment.
- Apply on USAJOBS to the permanent federal position:
- Apply to USAJOBS to the temporary rotator position:
- Applications must be received by July 13, 2022.
When you start a career at the National Science Foundation, you get a great place to work and the chance to contribute to cutting-edge innovations and discoveries that are changing the world. Social, behavioral and economic scientists supported by NSF develop and employ rigorous methods to discover fundamental principles of human behavior, from cells to society and from neurons to neighborhoods. Such fundamental principles help us understand patterns of stability and change at the individual, group and societal levels that can be applied to promote the progress of science and to advance our national health, prosperity and welfare. Join us!
NSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employing a highly qualified staff that reflects the diversity of our nation.