Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Clinical Research Coordinator - Internal Medicine
Posting Number 00556
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Clinical Research Coordinator will work side by side with the Senior Clinical Research Coordinator and the research team to perform moderately complex clinical research following established protocols including assist with administration of informed consents, research study surveys and questionnaires, data entry, data management, data analysis and help preparing NIH progress reports.
Will also assist the PI with program development, report writing, and administrative tasks related to his substance abuse research training (SART) grant.
- Assist with the daily operations of clinical research tasks, including recruitment, screening and consenting of research subjects for obesity clinical study.
- Assist in scheduling follow-up study visits. Make appointment phone-call reminders.
- Assist with the coordination of activates associated with the different aims of the study.
- Responsible for administering study survey and questionnaires using computer tablet.
- Responsible for data entry into research study database (Qualtrics).
- Maintains strict confidentiality of research participants, and adheres to HIPAA, GCP, ICH, FA Regulations and SOPs guidelines.
- Engage weekly meetings with PI and other research team members.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry and query resolution within study databases.
- Establishes and maintain files and records for research study.
- Creates study related motivation and engagement materials.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered into databases.
- Assists in preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and comprehensive written reports summarizing research results for quarterly NIH progress reports.
- Work with the principal investigator at CDU, co-investigators, and other study staff to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Coordinates with other study staff and DHS clinic staff regarding research participant enrollment and study participation.
- Participate in trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Assist with writing papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Assists in IRB submission and revisions.
- Spanish verbal and written translations.
- D. or Master’s Degree in behavior science, health, Biological Sciences or related field is preferred.
- Previous clinical research experience in the areas of health disparities, nutrition, exercise, obesity or clinical trials is highly desired.
- Experience with basic laboratory protocols including proper handling of subject specimens, data collection, subject recruitment, subject assessments, data entry and data management.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics or similar survey tools.
- Familiarity with videoconferencing tools such as Webex and Zoom, and planning tools such as Doodle Poll also a plus.
- Utilize basic statistic principals.
- Ability to develop or adapt data collection techniques.
- Some administrative experience is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and schedule various activities.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data inventories.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as able to utilize electronic health records with appropriate training.
- Fluent in Spanish is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3957
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer