Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Research Associate II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Associate II under minimal supervision, uses fundamental and advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to perform complex scientific research.
- Design and perform routine and complex experimental designs for implementation in the lab with minimal supervision.
- Develop new methodologies for lab procedures.
- Oversee ordering laboratory supplies and materials. Manage and operate lab equipment
- Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, evaluate lab procedures.
- Teach and train new members of the lab in relevant techniques and analytical procedures.
- Organize and delegate work assignments.
- Perform library searches prepare materials for publications and grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Proficiency in laboratory skills including blood and cell processing, cell culture, PCR, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, microscopy, ELISA and western blot assays. Training will be provided to employee as needed to complete more complex experiments.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
- Minimum Required Education: Master’s Degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.