Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Research Assistant will perform moderately complex research following established protocols; assist data analysis, manuscript development, and conference presentations.
- Assist with animal experiments and maintain mouse colonies.
- Perform qualitative analysis of protein and gene expression
- Perform data analysis and weekly reports
- Conduct literature searches, gather and summarize relevant findings from the published scientific literature.
- Engage weekly meetings with PI and other research team members.
- Assist with writing papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Facilitate the development of conference presentations.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered into databases.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- Participate in trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, behavior science, health, or related field.
- Meet competency requirement (experience in content area within the last five years).
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related experience is desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/human relation skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to tend to details.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data inventories.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, navigate the internet, and use qualitative data processing software.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4161
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer