The Medin Laboratory at the Medical College of Wisconsin focuses on the study, development, and implementation of novel cell-based therapies for a variety of inherited and acquired disorders. We are currently investigating various cancer immunotherapy modalities, a potentially curative gene therapy for sickle cell disease, as well as the biology of and potential treatments for lysosomal storage disorders.
We seek a highly motivated Research Associate who would be excited to perform in vitro and in vivo research to advance the progress of the many Medin Lab projects. Success in this position will be evaluated yearly with the possibility of multiple years of employment.
- Plan, design, and execute complex research studies, procedures, and protocols such as tissue culture, cloning, ELISA, Western blot, protein purification, and enzyme activity assays.
- Maintain and/or assist with mouse colony husbandry for project related mice.
- Record and compile accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results.
- Analyze generated data to evaluate/interpret validity, develop methodologies, and evaluate procedures.
- Be driven to write and publish scientific articles.
- Liaise with laboratory manager to maintain supplies, may negotiate with vendors.
- Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff to assess project progress.
- Search and evaluate publications related to project.
- Assist in training of students, residents and fellows.
- Support grant applications.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Full time position; Flexibility required to meet changing research needs.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Required Education: Master Degree in a scientific field.
Required Experience: No experience beyond Masters Degree required.