Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Position Number: PS02156
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved and under-resourced communities through health professions education, biomedical and public health research, and compassionate care.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager and Program Coordinator, the Medical Assistant/Clinical Assistant will perform daily tasks for the mobile vaccine unit and community events. Responsibilities include providing leadership for on-site event coordination for COVID-19 vaccine events, community outreach, and mobile health/street medicine teams.
Education requirements include:
Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure, Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor of Nursing (BSN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or equivalent
- Perform intake procedures and data entry to accurately document patient information.
- Assist with coordination of patients pre/post-vaccine at event sites.
- Prepare event sites including placement of tables, chairs, canopy tents, and event materials.
- Communicate with event participants and provide appropriate instruction.
- Plan, execute, and resolve all routine supply and technical needs of the site.
- Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures related to OSHA, HIPAA, COVID-19 Standard Safety Precautions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as Needed:
- Ensures the accomplishment of event goals, including materials, equipment, and facilities needed.
- Identify, investigate, and develop support for event implementation necessary to maintain and improve productivity, effectiveness, quality, and customer service.
- Organize quality assurance processes and data collection.
- Assist with marketing and community outreach including flyer distribution and social media.
Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure, Medical Doctor (MD), Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor of Nursing (BSN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to event sites as required.
- Familiar with community events and community outreach standard procedures.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve technical difficulties on-site at events.
- Knowledge of cultural competency and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with community members, event participants,
community organization leaders, University representatives, and health care
- Project management skills and effective communication both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4026
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.