This job is archived
(Archived) Research Associate I - Pediatric Infectious Disease
We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Research Associate I working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Associate will use fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to perform complex scientific research.
- Design and perform lab procedures and experiments with minimal supervision.
- Manage and operate lab equipment.
- Train new employees in lab procedures.
- Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, evaluate lab procedures.
- Retrieve information from library and computerized databases; assist in preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Introduce new techniques in lab.
- Maintain supplies, may negotiate with vendors, track purchase orders.
- Maintain equipment, perform/supervise repairs and update computer hardware and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, virology, tissue culture systems, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
- Minimum Required Education: Master’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: No experience required
- Preferred Experience: Experience with tissue culture and molecular biology assays such as real time PCR, DNA extraction, cloning, Western blot, immunoprecipitation, and lentivirus generation is desired. Experience with animal models is preferred.
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.