Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we
In the role of Program Manager working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Program Manager works independently, under the direction of the Division Chief and Division Administrator to manage the research and quality improvement (QI) mission for General & Community Pediatrics in the Milwaukee urban area. Provides direction and guidance to the team to facilitate the achievement of the programmatic goals related to research and community grants.
- Maintain program timeline including tracking deadlines for program deliverables.
- Develop and manage program budget in conjunction with Division Administrator.
- Schedule people and material resources.
- Coordinate the development of program materials including educational materials, marketing materials, websites, forms, and reports.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and dissemination of program data.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive databases and files related to the program.
- Organize internal and external meetings, site visits, and special events.
- Oversee training for program participants.
- Coordinate and manage program outreach activities including acting as a liaison with community organizations.
- Ensure program data and progress are reported to program stakeholders.
- Participate in the identification and development of program resources through literature searches, contact with outside programs, and review of funding opportunities.
- Participate on appropriate committees relevant to the advancement of the program and the profession or area of research.
- Act as a resource for investigators and support staff on pre-application functions including budget development, contract negotiations and IRB applications. Advise division study investigators and support staff on administrative and regulatory aspects of human subject research.
- Assist in writing research applications.
- Develop, implement, and ensure department policies, procedures, and organizational tools to ensure compliance with MCW, state and federal standards.
- Manage data systems supporting research activities. Correspond with IRBs as needed.
- Recruit and train clinical research staff nurses and clinical research coordinators; develop and implement standardized expectations for all subordinates; assess, monitor, and evaluate workload and performance. Mentor and direct staff to achieve research goals.
- Act as a liaison between Division Administrator and research staff. Work closely with other departments and external agencies to advance the division’s research goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor division research and QI activities. Implement and conduct quality control processes to ensure the highest data and research standards.
- Develop clinical review data review plan and check specifications. Utilize quality improvement tools & statistical process control to facilitate improvement of systems & processes.
- Perform as a study coordinator for select projects.
- Ability to travel to various community sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of technical, business, consultation, QI and research project management, and cultural awareness. Customer focus, building trust, communication, critical thinking, and influencing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 6 years
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree
- Preferred Experience: Community based participatory research, quality improvement projects, data analysis
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.