Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Position Number: PS09101
Under general direction from the Principal Investigator, coordinates, and assists in the general administration of a specialized program grant. This role will contribute to the overall purpose of assisting concurrent students with completing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree by leading/assisting with recruitment and retention activities. Provide administrative supports to the program and determines the time, place, and sequence of operation. Monitors expenses, maintenance of equipment, supplies, etc. May oversee, assist, and maintain department annual budget.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring, dissemination, and evaluation of the research project.
- Coordination of activities associated with the different objectives of the grant.
- Provides support services such as typing, distribution, and report preparation for special projects generated by the department
- Coordinating regular project meetings and communication and coordinating all administrative aspects of the study
- Engage BSN students in interprofessional Simulation, leadership, and professionalism events
- Involve BSN students per semester in community and professional activities
- Coordinates appropriately with other programs, schools/colleges, and university departments for grant success.
- Participates in the development and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and schedules activities for special projects, anticipating and planning for needs.
- Monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- May assist in the preparation of the budget
- Establishes schedules and priorities and provides technical assistance in the resolution of problems.
- Maintains necessary records and documents.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports.
- Answers inquiries on procedures and policies relating to departmental functions.
- Provides post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail, and reporting requirement information. Monitors for allowability on contracts submit interim reports, and reviews and approves closeout documents.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Regionally accredited (BA/BS) degree required; and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Two to Five years in a related field.
- Background in a University setting.
- Familiarity with school programs, especially with programs at community colleges and undergraduate programs
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong grammatical and typing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and schedule various office activities.
Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4000
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.