Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Position Number: PS09100
Under general direction from the Principal Investigator, the project coordinator will coordinates and assists in the general administration of a specialized program PECE grant. This role will contribute to the overall purpose of assisting concurrent students with completing their Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner degree by leading/assisting with recruitment and retention activities. Provide administrative supports to the program and determines the sequence of operations. Lastly, the project coordinator may oversee, monitor expenses, maintenance of supplies, and maintain the annual department budget.
- Develop and coordinates the planning of outreaches/ recruitment activities to nursing students
- Serves as a liaison between investigators and granting agencies and complies/prepares a comprehensive budget justification for investigators.
- Develops and maintains specialized databases and systems for recording, tracking grant awards, retention, and related expenditures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, federal and university regulations.
- Coordinates and schedules activities for special projects, anticipating and planning for needs.
- Ensure accurate disbursement and timely separate identification of funds received.
- Involve PMHNP students per semester in community and professional activities
- Provides post-award administrative support including expenditure approvals, accounting detail, and reporting requirement information. Monitors for allowability on contracts submit interim reports, and reviews and approves closeout documents.
- Participates in the development and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- May assist in the preparation of the grant budget
- Answers inquiries on procedures and policies relating to departmental functions.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Coordinating regular project meetings and coordinating all administrative aspects of the study
- . Engage PMHNP students in interprofessional Simulation, leadership, and professionalism events
- Coordination of activities associated with the different objectives of the grant.
- Provides support services such as typing, distribution, and report preparation for special projects generated by the department
- Coordinates appropriately with other programs, schools/colleges, and university departments for grant success.
- Monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Maintains necessary records and documents.
- Prepares regularly scheduled or special reports.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Regionally accredited (BA/BS, MA/MS) degree required; and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Two to Five year’s in a related field.
- Background in a University setting.
- Familiarity with school programs, especially with programs at community colleges and undergraduate programs
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong grammatical and typing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and schedule various office activities.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3998
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.