Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Position Number PS02154
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved and under-resourced communities through health professions education, biomedical and public health research, and compassionate care.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager and Program Coordinator, the Project Assistant will perform daily tasks for community events. Responsibilities include providing on-site project assistance for COVID-19 vaccine events, community outreach, and mobile health/street medicine teams.
- Organize and prepare event sites including placement of tables, chairs, canopy tents, and event materials.
- Communicate with event participants and provide appropriate information.
- Assist with event marketing and community outreach including flyer distribution and social media.
- Participate in quality assurance processes and data collection for event participants.
- Stock inventory and ensure cleanliness of event areas, equipment, and work area.
- Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures related to OSHA, HIPAA, COVID-19 Standard Safety Precautions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as Needed:
- Develop and organize event marketing flyers for print and digital distribution.
- Ensures the accomplishment of event goals, including materials, equipment, and facilities needed.
- Assist with pre-event logistics and coordination of event planning.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to event sites as required.
- Familiar with community events and community outreach standard procedures.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve technical difficulties on-site at events.
- Knowledge of cultural competency and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with community members, event participants, community organization leaders, University representatives, and health care provider partners.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- One year of experience as a Project Assistant with a focus on community events.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4019
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.