Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Position Number: PS02157
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is a premier mission-driven university dedicated to transforming the lives of underserved and under-resourced communities through health professions education, biomedical and public health research, and compassionate care.
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Program Coordinator will provide leadership for on-site event coordination for COVID-19 vaccine events, community outreach, and mobile health/street medicine teams. Responsibilities include management of staff at events and data collection.
The education requirements for this position are:
Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor of Nursing (BSN), Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Public Health or related major, Master of Science (MS) or Master of Arts (MA) in Public Health or related major, Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Public Administration (MPA), or equivalent.
- Responsible for managing clinical assistants, project assistants, and volunteers for community events including scheduling and event staffing requests.
- Monitor event activity and serve as point of contact for event planning and logistics.
- Manage quality assurance processes, data collection procedures, and data analysis efforts.
- Maintain project and event documentation including standard operating procedures, protocols, and event paperwork.
- Serve as primary contact for events and coordinate pre-event meetings with stakeholders, sponsors, and community organizations.
- Communicate with event participants and provide appropriate information.
- Assist with preparing event sites including placement of tables, chairs, canopy tents, and event materials.
- Supervise development of event marketing flyers for print and digital distribution.
- Coordinate event marketing and community outreach staff for flyer distribution and social media.
- Plan, execute, and resolve all routine supply and technical needs of the site.
- Perform duties according to approved policies and procedures related to OSHA, HIPAA, COVID-19 Standard Safety Precautions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as Needed:
- Ensures the accomplishment of event goals, including materials, equipment, and facilities needed.
- Identify, investigate, and develop support for event implementation necessary to maintain and improve productivity, effectiveness, quality, and customer service.
- Facilitate a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach to problem solving and service delivery
- Medical Doctor (MD), Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Registered Nurse (RN), Bachelor of Nursing (BSN), Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Public Administration (MPA), or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to event sites as required.
- Familiar with community events and community outreach standard procedures.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve technical difficulties on-site at events.
- Knowledge of cultural competency and ability to work with a diverse community.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with community members, event participants, community organization leaders, University representatives, and health care provider partners.
- Project management skills and effective communication both verbal and written.
- One year of experience as a Program Manager with a focus on community events.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4025
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.