UC San Diego
PROSPECT RESEARCH ANALYST
Filing Deadline: Thu 1/13/2022
Salary Range: $48,900 - $55,600
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Prospect Research, the incumbent will provide specialized, high quality prospect research and analysis using a variety of sources and strategies, to provide accurate, timely, and strategic data and information to Advancement fundraising staff on prospective donors to Advancement with emphasis on Major Gift Prospects. Create prospect profiles and reports on potential donors through the use of electronic resources and publications. Provide extensive analysis and data in reports, including an evaluation of results and recommendations for cultivation strategies. Liaise and strategize with assigned portfolio of Development Officers to assess information needs and effectiveness of research. The incumbent is expected to utilize a wide range of resources for research, including publications, online databases, community resources, existing files and records, and networking opportunities. Incumbent will also be expected to participate in professional development activities to stay abreast of current trends and practices in the field of prospect research.
• Working knowledge of prospect research concepts to perform essential functions efficiently and effectively.
• Working knowledge of confidentiality, regulatory and university policies governing research activities.
• Working knowledge of database, biographical, financial and other research systems and tools.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments through prioritizing tasks and managing time.
• Interpersonal skills to develop working positive relationships within the department, cross-functional team members, patients. Proven ability to perform duties in a quality service manner, with emphasis on teamwork and group process.
• Demonstrates ability to apply reasoning skills to evaluate issues and identify potential solutions. Acquiring analytical abilities to weigh alternative solutions against objectives.
• Demonstrated knowledge of biographical and financial reference sources and ability to gather information effectively from a variety of resources. Ability to analyze legal documents.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Dataquick, RelSci, CoreLogic, Lexis Nexis Development Professional and other electronic resources. Demonstrated experience in the use of software applications, including intermediate use of Microsoft Suite, especially Word and Excel, as well as experience using in-house databases.
• Minimum one to three years of progressively more in-depth experience in prospect research, development, fundraising, market research, and/or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of research systems, preferably in a University fundraising environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present material in a concise, professional manner, in keeping with departmental goals and standards. Experience creating precise, detailed, and analytical reports from a large volume of research.
• Demonstrated competency and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Ability to extract information in report format from complex databases.
• Experience and flexibility in dealing with fluctuating priorities, with the ability to remain organized to complete projects by assigned deadlines.
• Job offer is contingent on clear Background Check.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html