We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of Financial Analyst working in in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Financial Analyst performs complex financial and business-related analysis, data manipulation and forecast preparation for the Cancer Center and Clinical Trials Office (CTO) financial day-to-day financial account and grant management. Applies results of analysis to produce financial reports and metrics to Director of Finance & Business Operations.
- Analyzes past and present financial data for the Cancer Center and CTO, and estimates future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance budgetary controls.
- Conducts financial analysis, analyzes P&L statements, and prepares accurate and timely financial reports for all cost centers, including all CC and CTO recharge cost centers.
- Assist with the development of statistical reports from CTO labor database to develop cost trend analysis.
- Generates forecasts to analyze financial trends in support of CTO clinical trials operations.
- Perform complex analysis, data manipulation, and report generation for Cancer Center financial dashboard metrics.
- Assist the Director of Finance with financial reporting and post award administration in compliance with institutional, state and federal regulations for NCTN LAPS federal award, and Cancer Center Advancing Healthier Wisconsin award portfolio.
- Monitor and implement salary reallocations for Cancer Center, CTO and secondary salary support as directed.
- Develop, generate and maintain monthly financial budget to actual variance, projection reports for internal distribution to Cancer Center key stakeholders.
- Analyze monthly financial budget variances and escalate issues to the Director of Finance for resolution.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and provide financial interpretation, analysis and market-based information.
- Conduct quarterly audit review of recharge cost centers to identify and resolve any material variances.
- Oversee completion of special projects as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of technical, business, consultation, project management, and cultural awareness.
Customer focus, building trust, communication, critical thinking, and influencing skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis for education.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 years
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Preferred Experience: Data analysis, financial account management, database management
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.