The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Research Nurse II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our research nurse II conducts clinical research studies and implement research protocol for the Cancer Research Program. Provides and document complex research observations and perform precise collection of specimens.
• Assist in the collection and evaluation of data. Complete all forms required for proper protocol documentation. Enter patient data into database and other programs. Maintain patient records
• Under physician direction, perform protocol-specific clinical tasks including patient assessment (i.e. toxicity management, drug compliance, performance status), screening, ordering tests and procedures, collecting specimens, and monitoring responses. May administer medication or other types of protocol specific intervention.
• Identify problems or obstacles in the system/procedures related to implementation of the research protocols and data collection, and communicate to the study investigators and clinical teams. Notify appropriate personnel of any complications or untoward effects of research studies.
• Provide patient and family education. May provide staff education concerning research protocols as required.
• Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of QI activities. Implement and conduct quality control processes to ensure the highest data standards. Develop clinical review data review plan and edit check specifications. Utilize CTO quality improvement tools & process control to facilitate improvement of systems & processes.
• Assist in the writing and submission of IRB protocols and consent forms when necessary. Assure compliance with all relevant IRB and other regulatory agency requirements.
• Maintain and manage data and data systems supporting research activities. This includes correspondence with IRBs; forms and data entry and cross-checks; development and maintenance of computerized record systems to track and account for patients participating in research; and systems to assure that research procedures are accurately billed. Additionally, maintain confidentiality of all patient-related records including written and verbal communications.
• Identify problems or obstacles in the system/procedures related to implementation of the research protocols and communicate to the CTO Manager and study investigators. Notify appropriate personnel of any complications or untoward effects of research studies.
• An active member of the research team and CTO committees. Facilitate collaboration of multi-disciplinary research study team members along with CTO Team Manager and Principal Investigators to assure continued protocol interest and adherence.
• Assist in development of standard operating procedures and guidelines for the CTO. Work with partner organizations to improve communication and efficiency as needed.
• Assist in training of disease team staff as applicable.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years registered nursing experience in oncology.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Preferred Experience: Clinical research nurse experience in oncology
- Field: Nursing
- Certification: Current Wisconsin RN Licensure. ONS and Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (ACRP) or Certified Clinical Research Professional (SoCRA) preferred.
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.