The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research, and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Education Program Coordinator I working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Education Program Coordinator will under close supervision, coordinate department educational program(s) by scheduling events, assembling enrollment and education information, and following compliance guidelines. Supports education objectives by tracking and communicating information related to education programs. This role also involves assisting in the development of education materials per institution requirements.
• Implement institutional or program activities (e.g., educational events, training, learner recruitment, interviews, orientation, schedules, and graduation). Assist with scheduling for program functions and required events.
• Maintain working understanding of accreditation, board, and institutional requirements. Coordinate and monitor activities related to these requirements to ensure full compliance. Provide support for projects pertaining to medical student and residency requirements, as needed.
• Support the designated institutional officials, Program Directors, Department Chairs, or other leaders on issues related to the requirements of accreditation agencies, national boards, or affiliates. Provide support for student and residency programs to ensure compliance with ACGME and LCME requirements.
• Serve as liaison with faculty, administration, other departments, affiliates, outside institutions, and national organizations.
• Maintain database(s) to track, schedule, and record activities related to the institution, program(s), and learners. Maintain department database of faculty educational activities. Assist student and resident programs with management of program data and evaluations.
• Provide information, support, and problem solving for leaders, faculty, and staff.
• Coordinate recruitment of preceptors, instructors, and speakers. Coordinate speakers for student program curriculum.
• Create brochures, flyers, handbooks, and other educational materials. Create documentation required for student and resident education, orientations, interviews, and other events, as needed.
• Coordinate assessment and evaluation activities. Create evaluations for students, faculty, fellows, and residents. Track evaluation completion. Retrieve student program data as it pertains to faculty, house staff, and service educational values.
• May monitor program budgets and track and order program supplies, as necessary.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of computers, clerical procedures, customer service standards, collaboration, and information management.Organization, time management, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years
Preferred Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative support or program coordinator role
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.