Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Research Nurse II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Research Nurse II will provide central screening and eligibility review and assessment for clinical research studies in the Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office working with research staff, with internal providers and referral network physicians. Provide and document complex research observations and perform precise assessment of patient eligibility.
• Support the adult oncology research team as a clinical resource to provide central patient screening and eligibility reviews for potential participants in oncology clinical research trials.
• Assist in the collection and evaluation of data. Complete all forms required for proper protocol documentation. Enter information into database and other programs including, but not limited to, EPIC Medical Record, OnCore CTMS, Cancer Center ACCESS tool and Florence eBinder. Maintain and secure patient records.
• Under physician direction, maybe asked to perform protocol-specific clinical tasks including patient assessment (i.e. toxicity management, drug compliance, performance status), screening, ordering tests and procedures, collecting specimens, and monitoring responses. May administer medication or other types of protocol specific intervention.
• Identify problems or obstacles in the system/procedures related to implementation of the research protocols and data collection and communicate to the study investigators and clinical teams. Notify appropriate personnel of any complications or untoward effects of research studies.
• Provide patient and family education. May provide staff education concerning research protocols as required.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years registered nursing experience in oncology.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or other advanced degree
- Preferred Experience: Clinical research nurse experience, oncology preferred
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. #LI-AV1
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.