The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Program Manager working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Clinical Research Manager will manage all aspects of the clinical trial initiatives within the Pediatric Surgery division to ensure compliance with state, federal and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
• Act as a resource for investigators and support staff on pre-trial functions including budget development, contract negotiations and IRB applications. Advise division study investigators and support staff on administrative and regulatory aspects of human subject research.
• Develop and implement divisional policies, procedures and organizational tools to ensure compliance with Children’s Wisconsin (CW), the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), state and federal standards.
• Manage data systems supporting research activities. Correspond with CW and MCW IRBs as needed.
• Assist in the development and management of budget.
• Manage clinical research staff: recruit and train staff; set expectations; assess, monitor and evaluate staff workload and performance. Mentor and coach staff to achieve research goals.
• Work closely with other departments and external agencies to advance the division’s research goals.
• Develop, implement and monitor division Quality Improvement (QI) activities. Implement and conduct quality control processes to ensure the highest data and research standards.
* Certification: CCRC or CCRP required. CITI training required within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Core Business Hours
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 6 years
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree
- Preferred Experience: Experience with clinical research
- Field: Science, healthcare/business administration, or related field
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.