Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Division Administrator Sr. working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Division Administrator Sr. manages finances, personnel and resources to ensure that goals are met in a timely and effective manner. Is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operations of the division’s clinical, educational and research programs collaborating with the Department Administrator, Directors, and Managers. Maintains an environment conducive to peak performance in all areas of operation.
- 1.Provides various office and location support activities.
- 2. Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the business unit to which the support is being provided.
- 3. Ensures correct functioning of facilities, office and/or business support services.
- 4. Develops and prepares budgets and analyzes financial information.
- 5. Directs division operations and allocates people, material, and financial resources to ensure operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of tactical plans to achieve goals in collaboration with the Department of Surgery
- Ensure compliance with MCP, MCW, and FH policies and procedures related to financial management.
- Coordinate the organizational change process for practice improvement.
- Facilitate staff development.
- Facilitate business operational planning.
- Develop and implement process improvement programs for clinical and research operations.
- Develop and implement clinical programs including off-site locations.
- Interface with hospital leadership and clinic personnel to create and implement processes for patient care delivery.
- Collaborate with clinic managers so as to facilitate efficient outpatient services.
- 6. Manages office services and operations including preparing reports, analysis, and other business services.
- 7. Oversees operational activities of the division to ensure efficiency and compliance with the department and institution’s policies and procedures.
- 8. Partners with department leadership and provides strategic planning and business development recommendations. Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of strategic, business, and marketing plans.
- 9. Responsible for the division’s fiscal operations as well as recruitment, hiring, training, disciplinary action, and performance evaluation processes.
- Facilitate work force planning, supervise appropriate staff and orient new employees in clinical and research areas. Staff includes administrative, clinical (APPs) and basic science and clinical research staff.
- Maintain compliance with employee procedures and guidelines.
- Manage visa process for employees and serve as the main contact for all Divisional Human Resources matters.
- Utilizes annual survey results to drive improvement in engagement of faculty and staff.
- 10. Aligns division practices and collaborates to develop program materials, education materials, marketing materials, and division reports.
- 11. Professional responsibility.
- Advance professional knowledge and leadership skills.
- Engage in professional networking.
- Advance the profession by contributing to the body of knowledge.
- Demonstrates the leadership behaviors defined by MCW to provide service excellence to patients and families and support a culture of teamwork.
- 12. Clinical Excellence.
- Actively participate in MCP activities including the execution of guidelines and policies outlined by the MCP board and committees.
- Meets quality, service and external regulatory metrics and requirements for clinical performance of areas of responsibility.
- Ensures coordination and optimization of services across service lines including medical, nursing, ancillary, and administrative teams.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Knowledge of technical, business, consultation, project management, and cultural awareness.
- Customer focus, building trust, communication, critical thinking, and influencing skills.
8:00 - 4:30
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 8 years
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration
Preferred Experience: Healthcare administration
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
|Calendar||Contact||MCW Home||Site Map||Terms & Privacy|