Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Research Technologist III in Wauwatosa, WI
Under general direction develop, improve and implement a variety of laboratory techniques and perform complex experiments to contribute to the timely completion of data.
• Develop and perform lab research procedures, and carry out routine complex experiments.
• Develop and apply standard quality control procedures to assure quality of test results.
• Demonstrate quality control procedures, provide individual instruction and may indirectly supervise other lab personnel as required.
• Prepare and maintain cells from human or animal tissue for culture and assays.
• Prepare bacterial and mammalian cell cultures, perform various treatments, and evaluate growth or cellular functions using standard assays.
• Rodent colony maintenance and animal handling for tissue preparation, and preparation for animal surgery.
• Monitor inventory and order lab supplies.
• Participate in meetings with Principal Investigator and research staff to evaluate, interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies and evaluate lab procedures.
• Create and maintain timely accurate records.
• Operate, calibrate, perform and supervise routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research laboratories.
• Oversee daily lab operation in the absence of the supervisor or Principle Investigator.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Medical College of Wisconsin defines diversity as a commitment to recognizing and appreciating the variety of individual differences in an environment that promotes and celebrates individual and collective achievement. The diversity of MCW continues to be an important source of innovative ideas and creative accomplishments.