The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Grants Operations Coordinator Sr. working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Grants Operations Coordinator Sr. coordinates the pre-award planning, organization, and preparation, and the post-award administration of various grants assigned to one or more research and/or clinical departments. Interacts with investigators and administrative staff to ensure that grants comply with regulatory, funding agency, and policy requirements. Provides guidance and support to investigators in the identification and development of grant opportunities.
- Assists administrative staff and research team in the creation, negotiation, and administration of grants, contracts, and research proposals.
- Assists with pre-award applications.
- Coordinates the grant process from development and submission to the post-award stage.
- Ensures compliance with sponsor terms, MCW policies/procedures, and federal regulations.
- Identifies funding sources and administers grant budgets.
- May consolidate sources of information to ensure application document requirements are complete.
- Interprets regulations and guidelines for program funding for standard grants and prepares periodic reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of economics, accounting, mathematics, administration, English language, law, government, and human resources.
Work requires resource management, mathematics, problem solving, coordinating work activities, critical thinking, systems analysis, operations analysis, time management, writing, active listening, and active learning skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 6 years
- Preferred Field of Study: Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.