We’re looking for those individuals—the creative thinkers and innovation seekers—who are content with nothing short of changing the world. Discover the endless opportunities within the Medical College of Wisconsin and be inspired by the work we can do together to improve health, and make a positive, daily impact in our communities.
In the role of CTO Disease Team Research Manager working in Milwaukee, WI. Our CTO Disease Team Research Manager manages all aspects of one of the Cancer Clinical Trials Office Solid Teams that includes head and neck, sarcoma, skin and thoracic cancers. Will be a catalyst for clinical research initiatives and ensure compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulations, policies and procedures The Clinical Research Manager for the Disease Team will provide direction regarding clinical research efforts and resource management as a member of the Faculty Disease Committees and may be asked to provide oversight of additional designated CTO functions.
• Act as a resource for investigators and support staff on pre-trial functions including budget development, contract negotiations and IRB applications. Advise department study investigators and support staff on administrative and regulatory aspects of human subject research.
• Project (protocol) management. Act as liaison to the Disease Oriented Committees and Principal Investigators to ensure a collaborative atmosphere and guide the processes for protocol approval providing research support and management as appropriate following current MCW and Cancer Center CTO policy, procedures and guidelines.
• An active member of CTO Leadership team with focus on collaboration and continuous process improvement.
• Manage the disease team resources to provide adequately trained staff, project staffing needs, assign projects, and monitor staff performance.
• Develop and implement department policies, procedures and organizational tools to ensure compliance with MCW, state and federal standards.
• Manage data systems supporting research activities including, but not limited to, EPIC, OnCore and eBridge. Correspond with IRBs as needed.
• Assist in the development and management of budget.
• Recruit and train clinical research staff nurses and clinical research coordinators; develop and implement standardized expectations for all subordinates; assess, monitor and evaluate workload and performance. Mentor and direct staff to achieve research goals following all relative policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Assist in process development and support for the ongoing implementation and use of the clinical trial management system, OnCore.
• Act as a liaison between Cancer CTO Administration and research staff. Work closely with other departments and external agencies to advance the department’s research goals. Collaborate with MCW Office of Research, Grants and Contracts, IRB and other offices and committees to define processes and insure consistency.
- Serve as primary site contact for Foundation Trials or NCI Cooperative Group as appropriate.
• Develop, implement, and monitor department research QI activities. Implement and conduct quality control processes to ensure the highest data and research standards.
• Develop clinical review data review plan and check specifications. Utilize quality improvement tools & statistical process control to facilitate improvement of systems & processes.
• Perform as a Research Nurse/Study Coordinator for select projects and/or patients.
* Certification: CCRC or CCRP required. CITI training required within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis for education
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum Required Experience: 6 years of clinical research experience
- Preferred Education: Master’s preferred
- Preferred Experience: Experience with program management in a medical research or educational environment preferred. Prior work with breast oncology clinical research and NCI cooperative groups or patient care preferred
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.