This job is archived
(Archived) Clinical Research Assistant III
The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Clinical Research Assistant III working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Clinical Research Assistant will assist study coordinators by providing administrative and data collection support for clinical research studies.
• Under direction of the research program director, study coordinator, or principal investigator, conduct research activities to include screening eligible patients, consenting participants, collecting data, tracking study supply inventory, and conducting participant phone calls as directed.
• Coordinate patient visits to clinic. Organize study participant charts and files, and distribute to appropriate location.
• Coordinate research related projects such as mailings, participant contact information, patient visits and focus groups
• Collect samples from patients as needed. Process and transport samples as directed.
• Collect required data from study coordinators and research nurses. Code and enter onto clinical research forms and into computerized database.
• Order and maintain log of stipend checks and/or gift certificates to be distributed to study participants. Verify accuracy of bills and stipends.
• Provide general clerical support to research staff and investigators. Compose letters to study participants.
• Provide writing and editorial assistance in the preparation of grants, manuscripts and other study related reports. Assist with the creation of brochures, flyers and educational materials. Conduct literature searches.
• Maintain study supplies and ensure a safe, organized, and functional research workspace.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
* Certification: CITI training within 90 days of hire
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Experience: Experience in customer service, working in a healthcare setting, and/or undergraduate research work
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careersWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.