The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Clinical Research Assistant III working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (2nd shift). Our Clinical Research Assistants assist study coordinators by providing administrative and data collection support for clinical research studies.
- Under direction of the study coordinator, research manager, and/ or principal investigator, conduct research activities to include administer surveys, recruit, enroll and follow-up with study participants as directed.
- Organize study participant charts, files, and maintain up to date files.
- Collect samples from patients as needed. Process and transport samples as directed
- Collect required data from study coordinators and research nurses. Code and enter onto clinical research forms into computerized database. Coordinate and support protocol adherence during the enrollment period in the ED and on the floor as necessary.
- Order and maintain log of stipend checks and/or gift certificates to be distributed to study participants. Verify accuracy of distributed incentives.
- Provide relevant research information to support to nurses and investigators. Compose letters to study participants.
- Maintain accurate and timely research records while maintaining patient confidentiality, according to the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certification: CITI training within 90 days of hire
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
2nd shift Full-time role with expectations for coverage from 2:30pm to 11pm Monday-Thursday, Friday from 1:30pm – 10pm and alternate weekends from 1:30pm -10pm within the Emergency Department at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Flexibility required to accommodate business needs.
2nd shift full-time role. Expectations for coverage from 2:30pm to 11pm Monday-Friday & alternate weekends from 1:30pm -10pm with flexibility required
Appropriate experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis for education
- Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Experience: Experience in customer service and/or undergraduate research work
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.