The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of a part-time Clinical Research Assistant III working 20 hours per week in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Clinical Research Assistant III will assist study coordinators by providing administrative and data collection support for clinical research studies.
- Under direction of the study coordinator or principal investigator, conduct research activities to include visit study participant homes, community centers and other community settings to interview, administer surveys, recruit, and enroll and follow-up with study participants as directed.
- Coordinate patient visits to clinic. Organize study participant charts and files and distribute to appropriate location.
- Coordinate research related projects such as mailings, participant contact information, patient visits and focus groups
- Collect samples from patients as needed. Process and transport samples as directed.
- Collect required data from study coordinators and research nurses. Code and enter onto clinical research forms and into computerized database.
- Order and maintain log of stipend checks and/or gift certificates to be distributed to study participants. Verify accuracy of bills and stipends.
- Provide general clerical support to nurses and investigators. Compose letters to study participants.
- Provide writing and editorial assistance in the preparation of grants, manuscripts and other study related reports. Assist with the creation of brochures, flyers and educational materials. Conduct literature searches.
- Translate oral and written communication to and from English, if required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Part-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Experience: 1-3 years
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.