Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Clinical Research Assistant II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our Clinical Research Assistant helps study coordinators by providing administrative and data collection support of sickle cell disease related clinical research studies.
- Under the direction of the study coordinator and/or principal investigator, conduct research activities to include screening, enrolling, and obtaining consent of patients in research studies. Contact patients as required after initial contact to obtain additional information
- Coordinate patient visits to clinic and/or research units. Organize study participant charts and files and distribute to appropriate location
- Collect required data from research participants and study coordinators, and enter onto clinical research forms and into computerized databases
- Maintain contact with study participants via phone, email, and letters
- Perform chart reviews as needed
- Process and transport patient samples as needed/directed
- Provide general clerical support to coordinators and investigators
- Order and maintain log of stipend checks and/or gift certificates to be distributed to study participants. Verify accuracy of bills and stipends
- Compile outreach packets, recruitment, and specimen collection kits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management. Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Full-time role with expectations for coverage during core business hours and flexibility required as necessary to accommodate business needs.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
* Minimum Required Education: High school
* Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
Certification: CITI training within 90 days of hire
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.