Services Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin patients in any way possible, particularly with regards to patient registration and scheduling to ensure a quality experience. Tasks are completed for several specialties and a large group of physicians (typically 60 or more) across the many locations of our clinical enterprise following detailed protocols and enterprise scheduling tools. Help patients schedule with the right physician at a time and location most convenient for them and complete full registration and insurance coverage set up to help ensure proper payment for services rendered.
- Schedules, cancels and reschedules appointments via phone for multiple specialties and locations including providing directions, instructions and other information regarding appointments.
- Triages calls to determine caller needs and provide excellent customer service, doing whatever possible to meet patient needs. Responds to inquiries and/or routes calls, messages and requests to appropriate individuals or areas.
- Encourages patients to sign up for MyChart and the Froedtert & MCW Ap to help manage their healthcare electronically and steps them through the process to get activated on these online tools.
- Completes full registration including setting up insurance coverage for new patients and verification of registration and coverage information for established patients. Runs electronic eligibility to verify coverage information and ensures the insurance is accepted by our physician groups. Completes MSP questionnaires with Medicare patients.
- Works through referral queues, faxes, email, and other correspondence following detailed guidelines to schedule patient appointments, create referrals, track completion and communicate back to referring physicians if unable to schedule. If patient’s insurance is not in our network, refers patients to community clinics or to physicians within their network as appropriate.
- Manages web appointment requests for assigned team.
- Checks e-mails and Epic InBasket regularly throughout the day to keep up to date with any changes and receives information on patients who need to be scheduled.
- Develops understanding of Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin clinic locations and the locations of its affiliate facilities, including directions to and within associated buildings in order to give appropriate directions to patients.
- Follows detailed protocols and enterprise scheduling tools to ensure accuracy of all appointment scheduling, registration and information given to callers.
- Anticipates customer needs and resolves problems to ensure a positive customer experience. Employs sound judgment to ensure the best possible public relations.
High school diploma required. 1 year of experience, preferably in a call center with moderate to high call volume. Health care experience and/or education helpful.