Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW).
In the role of Clinical Research Coordinator II, you will be working in Milwaukee, WI at the MCW Campus.
You will perform the day-to-day activities of clinical research studies in the Center for Neurotrauma Research in the Department of Neurosurgery. Provide support to the team to facilitate the achievement of the program’s goals. Assist with recruiting, and building relationships with participants during the study.
About the Neurosurgery Department
- Mission: Conduct research that advances the science of neurologic disease and has a positive translational impact on clinical care
- Vision: MCW Department of Neurosurgery will advance the field of neurological surgery through world-class care, groundbreaking research, and innovative education.
Visit the Brain Injury Research page for more information: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/neurosurgery/research/brain-injury-research-program
- Coordinate program outreach activities including acting as a liaison with community organizations. Organize internal and external meetings, site visits, and special events.
- Collect data from research participants, both in person and via phone. Data collection duties include performing clinical assessments (e.g., interview and questionnaire assessments of symptoms, neuropsychological tests of cognitive functioning), collecting and processing biospecimen samples, and coordinating with research nurses to obtain blood samples from participants
- Monitor study related budgets. Participate in the development of program resources through literature searches, contact with outside programs, and review of funding opportunities.
- Prepare IRB documents and reports. Evaluate and write of research protocols in collaboration with the study investigator.
Full-time; M-F during Core Business Hours
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years in Human Subject Research
- Preferred Experience: 6 years in Human Subject Research
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vision, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on items such as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
For a brief overview of our benefits see: https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources/benefits
Eastern Wisconsin is a vibrant, diverse metropolitan area. MCW is intent on attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce and faculty body that reflects the community we serve. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, thought, and perspectives to advance excellence in science and medicine. MCW is a welcoming campus community with a strong culture of collaboration, partnership, and engagement with our surrounding community.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.